WATCH: Indo-Canadian community condemns Edmonton Gurdwara Attack, calls for justice
Aug 23, 2026
Canada, August 23, 2026(ANI): Indo-Canadians have condemned the attack at Nanaksar Gurdwara in Edmonton, Canada. Virender Singh, an Indo-Canadian businessman, said, "As a Canadian Hindu and a Canadian citizen, I was deeply saddened by the hate attack on the Nanaksar Gurdwara. Hate has no place in Canadian society. We are Canadians; we respect everyone and every faith. We demand that the government get to the root of this matter and ensure that the individuals or organizations responsible are held accountable under Canadian law and penalized accordingly.”
Girish Sharma, an Indo-Canadian business entrepreneur, said, "This is very unfortunate news. An attack was carried out by an unidentified individual at the Nanaksar Gurudwara around 5:00 AM, leaving two people injured. While the injuries are not life-threatening, the incident is deeply shocking, especially given that threats had been received previously. The attack occurred at 5:00 AM, resulting in two injuries; it is a very unfortunate situation that poses a significant risk to the entire Indo-Canadian Hindu-Sikh community here in Edmonton.